Browned butter honey garlic salmon is the perfect fish recipe to cook if you are looking for something to stay out of the heat and enjoy straight from your oven. This recipe, which comes from cafedelites.com, is ideal for those who love a good seafood meal a few times a week but are looking for a different taste and ready to switch it up.
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat butter (or Ghee)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (or juice of half a lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- Sea salt
- Lemon wedges (to serve)
How to Make:
- The first step is to have all of your ingredients together and ready for you when you start cooking. This recipe moves fast.
- Adjust your oven shelf at least 8-inches away from the heat element in your oven to prevent burning.
- When browning butter, the heat needs to be on medium-high. After your butter melts, watch it continuously while it bubbles up, then foams and starts to give off a nutty aroma. At this point, stir it occasionally and swirl the pan carefully until the foam subsides. You’ll be left with a dark golden hue and some charred bits on the bottom of your pan. From here you need to act quick.
- Allow the honey to melt completely though the browned butter before adding garlic.
- When adding lemon juice, be careful of the butter splattering.
- Add the salmon with the top facing up (skin-side down) and baste it while it cooks in the skillet.
- Before broiling, you can add lemon wedges around your salmon if you like your sauces to take on more of a citrus flavour OR leave them out for a milder taste.
- While broiling, keep an eye on the salmon as it can easily go from slightly charred to burnt very quickly. Put your timer on for 3 minutes and keep watching from there.