Last, but certainly not least, we will be featuring a scrumptious Turkey recipe for our final recipe before Thanksgiving. This amazing roasted Turkey is a crisp, clean way to serve your bird this year. The rosemary and sage seasoning are a light, fresh seasoning choice that really makes this dish.
We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with friends and family.
- 1 12-14 lb. whole turkey, neck, and giblets removed
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch thyme
- Small handful of rosemary sprigs
- 1 small handful sage leaves
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 2 c. chicken broth
- Position rack to the lower third of your oven and preheat oven to 450°. Pat turkey dry with paper towels and season the cavity generously with salt and pepper. Stuff the cavity with onion, thyme, rosemary, sage and garlic. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine and tuck the wing tips under the body.
- Brush butter all over turkey then season generously with salt and pepper. Place turkey breast side up on a roasting rack inside of a large pan. Pour chicken broth into the pan. Transfer to oven and immediately reduce oven heat to 350°.
- Baste every 30 to 45 minutes with the juices on the bottom of the pan, and roast for 3 to 4 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and thigh. (The meat temperature should be 165°).
- Cover cooked turkey with aluminum foil and let rest for 20 minutes before carving.