This seafood salsa dip is one for the books. These days more people are interested in eating healthier and lighter so rich, creamy, cheesy dips are becoming a thing of the past, even more so at parties and get-togethers. Today.com has a great spin on the regular, boring salsa that is light, healthy, and best of all- EASY! This would be the perfect option to bring to a potluck, picnic or barbecue. This recipe serves 4 and only takes 15 minutes to prepare!!
- 3 cups Dungeness crab meat
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup chopped mango
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced jalapeño (optional)
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 bag tortilla chips, for serving
In a large, non-reactive mixing bowl, gently toss the crab meat, cilantro, tomato, mango, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, lime juice, agave syrup and jalapeño together to evenly combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Gently fold the avocado into the salsa mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with chips on the side. For more on tropical recipes, click here.
For more articles similar to this one, click here.